- You've built an ASP.NET 2.0 app in your c:\inetpub\wwwroot directory.
- The app runs smashingly in VS.NET 2005 and when you run it from http://localhost/yourapp .
- When you upload it to your host or deploy it to your company's production server, it doesn't work!
Does this sound like a problem you've encountered? It's a familiar scenario.
Your application, built to ASP.NET 2.0, may be running under ASP.NET 1.1 or earlier. Symptoms include an inability for the ASP.NET engine to properly parse your web.config file. Or more specifically, yellow screens that include statements like:
- Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.
- Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section "xhtmlconformance"
I would include the yellow screens, but the blog host won't upload my gifs. More later.